Ukraine launches drone raid on Russian border region – officials
russia today -

The attack wounded several civilians, including a three-year-old girl, Belgorod Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov has said

Ukraine launched a series of overnight drone strikes on Russian territory, primarily targeting the border region of Belgorod, the Defense Ministry in Moscow has said. Local officials reported that several civilians were injured, including a three-year-old girl.

In a statement on Sunday, the ministry said Russian air defenses intercepted and destroyed 86 Ukrainian UAVs across nine regions. The largest number (29 drones) was downed over Belgorod Region, followed by 14 over Saratov Region in central Russia.

Belgorod Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said one of the drones struck a car near the hamlet of Krasivo, about 10 km from the border, injuring a man and a three-year-old girl. Both were hospitalized with mine-blast trauma and shrapnel wounds.

He also reported two separate strikes in which three other people, including a woman, were injured. Attacks across the region hit residential apartments, commercial facilities, gas pipes, and power lines, according to the governor. One district reported damage to an infrastructure site that cut electricity to some residents.

Belgorod and other Russian border regions have been consistently targeted by Ukrainian drones throughout the conflict, with Moscow accusing Kiev of “terrorism” and deliberately attacking civilians and critical infrastructure.

Earlier this month, the local authorities said a wave of Ukrainian strikes damaged energy infrastructure in Belgorod Region, leading to widespread power outages and disruption of heating and water supplies.

In response to the attacks on border areas and deeper into Russia, Moscow has targeted Ukraine’s defense-related infrastructure, including energy facilities. Russian officials insist the attacks never target civilians.

You can share this story on social media:

Follow RT on


read more